Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Kaijumatic: Giant Monsters Needed! 
Burning Godzilla

I found this listed on Google as a monster from It Conquered The World, but that can't be right -- the only micro-kaiju it had that I remember was this.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Does anyone know who this guy is and what terrorfest he represents? I just stumbled across him when I was combing Party Beach for conch shells.

That's the latter-named creature from Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
Cliffie wrote:
Does anyone know who this guy is and what terrorfest he represents? I just stumbled across him when I was combing Party Beach for conch shells.

OK, so everyone ignore the post I just made in the new thread. He has no other name?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
El Santo wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

OK, so everyone ignore the post I just made in the new thread. He has no other name?

He very well might, but I've never seen the movie, so I can't say for certain.

EDIT: I just did a little more digging, and it turns out he does have a name. He's called "Mull."

Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Cliffie wrote:
I couldn't find the giant sea louse from Godzilla 1985 in Dr. Kaiju's database. He really is awfully big. Would he count as a kaiju or not?

Well, kaiju means strange creature, so why not? Does the bug qualify for KM, hurm about the size of a fat cat, I don't know, it's a gray area.

So far the smallest thing KM lists as "giant" are the Killer Shrews, and I'm still not sure if they should be included. The grubby will be on hold for now, drifting in the void...

Cliffie wrote:
Again, I may be looking it up wrong, but what about the man-eating tunnel-dwelling thingamajig in Big Trouble In Little China? He pops on and off the screen in a twinkling at just about 1 hour, 11 minutes into the film. Then Egg Shen seals his cavern with a blast of wizard fire...

Oh, delightful! I really like this movie and am happy to include it.

I had totally forgotten about that scene, fantastic! "You will come out no more!" says the wizard!

This monster will be my next addition, and is a welcome break from the twenty Transformers robots I'm slogging through at the moment. monkeywrench dump trucks and ice cream vans and motorcycles, it never ends.

As you can see by my "monster bucket" I will be stepped in robots for some time, this is a link to my flickr account which I use to organize my photos before posting them to Kaijumatic.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125535013@N02/

Last edited by Doctor Kaiju on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:06 pm
Burning Godzilla

I looked under 'dragons' and searched for Natural Born Killers, but I could not find the 8-headed dragon oft sighted among Mallory Knox's personal demons in that fine film.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Thanks, Santo, for helping me with this guy, who I did not spot when I searched for him at Kaijumatic. Is he listed under something other than "Garamon"?

Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Cliffie wrote:
Thanks, Santo, for helping me with this guy, who I did not spot when I searched for him at Kaijumatic. Is he listed under something other than "Garamon"?

Is he doing television series over there? If not, that might be why it's not on there; Garamon there (as I mentioned in the other thread) is from "Ultra Q," the precursor to the various "Ultraman" shows.

You can find more pictures of the same costume (in color, too!) if you look up "Pigmon." Pigmon is one of the best-known Ultra-monsters, having popped up in a few of the series. It's a rare human-sized, human-friendly kaiju and thus appealing to kids, I would imagine.

----------------------------
Although I have to admit I find it cute in a pug-ugly way.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:57 pm
Burning Godzilla

Was there a brief appearance by a giant monster in Allan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold?

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Cliffie wrote:
I couldn't find the giant sea louse from Godzilla 1985 in Dr. Kaiju's database. He really is awfully big. Would he count as a kaiju or not?

Well, kaiju means strange creature, so why not? Does the bug qualify for KM, hurm about the size of a fat cat, I don't know, it's a gray area...

Fat cat? He's almost as big as the guy he's trying to eat! Don't tell me you've never seen Godzilla 1985!

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Cliffie wrote:
Now, hang on a mushroom-pickin' minute! While I am overjoyed that the Matango now appears on your site, I have to point out that their intelligence is unknown -- considering they are half human, well, that alone makes it a bit of a crapshoot -- but they have considerable powers at their disposal. For one thing, they are delicious AND addictive and make the most of this by establishing a virtual real-estate monopoly on the island. They are excellent networkers, convincing people who still have canned goods available to walk away from them and join the collective. They are very, very welcoming. Under allies I would list "all previous visitors to Matango Island." And they laugh at bullets. In fact, they laugh at everything. Except really dry weather, I suspect...Their primary weakness is their squelchy-sounding walk.

Adjustments will be made!

As to intelligence... I cannot share the formula that I use to make these assessments. It is very, very scientific and super secret.

I've been busy, let me know if you like the new look. I learned 4 lines of CSS code!

Cliffie wrote:
I also found no sign of the monster from Piedras Blancas...

He can't be taller than 7'!

Cliffie wrote:
Did anyone mention the Party Beach monster yet?

EDIT: The 2nd photo is now fixed so you can see and puzzle over what I saw. I appear to have originally added the Party Beach monster by mistake.

Party Beach monster isn't very big, either, does he break 8'?

Cliffie wrote:
I looked under 'dragons' and searched for Natural Born Killers, but I could not find the 8-headed dragon oft sighted among Mallory Knox's personal demons in that fine film.

Now that is cool! I'm on it.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:46 pm
Mothra

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

Is he doing television series over there? If not, that might be why it's not on there; Garamon there (as I mentioned in the other thread) is from "Ultra Q," the precursor to the various "Ultraman" shows.

You can find more pictures of the same costume (in color, too!) if you look up "Pigmon." Pigmon is one of the best-known Ultra-monsters, having popped up in a few of the series. It's a rare human-sized, human-friendly kaiju and thus appealing to kids, I would imagine.

I didn't know he became giant sized, I've seen him running around normal sized.

Now... does he become giant sized in an Ultraman movie? Because I am doing the movies! However, I am always behind on Ultraman and Transformers, there are so many I'm happy to do anything else first. You'll see their pages slowly grow.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:58 pm
Mothra

Hman wrote:
Was there a brief appearance by a giant monster in Allan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold?

I sure hope so! I haven't seen that since it was in the theaters, not ringing a bell. Nothing on a quick search but I will dig some more.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:00 pm
Mothra

Cliffie wrote:
Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

Well, kaiju means strange creature, so why not? Does the bug qualify for KM, hurm about the size of a fat cat, I don't know, it's a gray area...

Fat cat? He's almost as big as the guy he's trying to eat! Don't tell me you've never seen Godzilla 1985!

How dare you question my viewing of Godzilla 1985! Do you think of me as some slack-jawed poseur?!?!

But it has been about 15 years since viewing... I'll see if I can find it on video.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:02 pm
Destoroyah

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
The Rev. D.D. wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

I didn't know he became giant sized, I've seen him running around normal sized.

Now... does he become giant sized in an Ultraman movie? Because I am doing the movies! However, I am always behind on Ultraman and Transformers, there are so many I'm happy to do anything else first. You'll see their pages slowly grow.

Despite it being the same costume, technically it's two different monsters, Garamon and Pigmon.

Garamon was a giant monster, but was only in the "Ultra Q" television series, along with an episode of "Redman," and was never in a movie. I imagine it's because they re-used the costume for Pigmon, who ended up a hit. You'll only be able to use Garamon if you do television.

Pigmon was in an Ultra Galaxy movie; however, it's always been a human-sized monster. I've never seen it kaiju-sized, and indeed its thing is that it's a friendly human-sized monster, so I'm not sure how it'd work for your site.

On a related note, seeing some recent pictures, it looks like the original costume was a one-of-a-kind; the subsequent incarnations of Pigmon lost their pug-cuteness and are just flat-out ugly.

--------------------------
Shame, really.

Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next