Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Looking for movie where guy gets vaporized by space invader. 
Kenny

Guys and gals, I've looked everywhere. I mean everywhere to no avail to find the source of this clip I saw in a mixtape, in the clip in question a giant video game space invader type thing flashing red and green vaporizes a guy who runs out on a balcony leaving flaming shoes. I asked the maker of the mixtape where the source of the clip was from and he didn't even remember. I did a google image search and nothing came up, AT ALL!!! This is driving me crazy!!! This isn't from the horror anthology "Nightmares" where Emilio Estevez takes on "the Bishop". I've even done a regular search, no results. It might not even be from a movie, it could be from a TV show or music video for all I know. If any of you out there in B movie land can help me, I'd much appreciate it. Here is the link to the mixtape http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdgdDbjnyY4 and the clip that I am looking for starts at about 1 minute 23 second mark. Seriously, I'd much appreciate this if any of you could put a end to this search. Thanks.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:48 pm
Burning Godzilla

Trashfanatic wrote:
Guys and gals, I've looked everywhere. I mean everywhere to no avail to find the source of this clip I saw in a mixtape, in the clip in question a giant video game space invader type thing flashing red and green vaporizes a guy who runs out on a balcony leaving flaming shoes. I asked the maker of the mixtape where the source of the clip was from and he didn't even remember. I did a google image search and nothing came up, AT ALL!!! This is driving me crazy!!! This isn't from the horror anthology "Nightmares" where Emilio Estevez takes on "the Bishop". I've even done a regular search, no results. It might not even be from a movie, it could be from a TV show or music video for all I know. If any of you out there in B movie land can help me, I'd much appreciate it. Here is the link to the mixtape http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdgdDbjnyY4 and the clip that I am looking for starts at about 1 minute 23 second mark. Seriously, I'd much appreciate this if any of you could put a end to this search. Thanks.

Looks to me to be an original to the music video itself. Even though there are other clips from Nightmares, Tron, and Never Say Never Again, this one looks more like shot-on-video with a superimposed space invader character. It doesn't look to me like stock movie footage.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Kenny

Actually I found the source!!! One of my friends is hardcore, old school, arcade game fanatic, and I left him a e mail. He's been away on vacation for a long time and hadn't checked his other email accounts. He says its from a cool, little, from British short documentary on arcade games from 1982 called "Arcade Attack". He says it can be watched on youtube and its a mix of both animation and live action! Haven't watched it yet but when I do and if its good I would like to get physical copy of it. Here is the link if you guys want to watch it! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Here is part 2 with the clip in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjNXpCb_tEE#t=344

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:28 am
Burning Godzilla

Trashfanatic wrote:
Actually I found the source!!! One of my friends is hardcore, old school, arcade game fanatic, and I left him a e mail. He's been away on vacation for a long time and hadn't checked his other email accounts. He says its from a cool, little, from British short documentary on arcade games from 1982 called "Arcade Attack". He says it can be watched on youtube and its a mix of both animation and live action! Haven't watched it yet but when I do and if its good I would like to get physical copy of it. Here is the link if you guys want to watch it! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Here is part 2 with the clip in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjNXpCb_tEE#t=344

Amazing. My older brother didn't make this up! He talked about it for years.

"You know somewhere a Hollywood exec is going, "I've got a great idea for a remake, we'll take Night of the Living Dead only instead of the the living dead it'll be zombies! Zombies are so it right now!"" - Juniper.

"Conclusion: Mort should be dead right now. Or Mort is the living dead. Or the inspiration for the Bruce Willis character in Unbreakable."-BJ

Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]