Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Dinosaur Documentary 
Burning Godzilla

While I was growing up, a friend of mine had a dinosaur documentary (on VHS) that we used to always watch. The reason was that the entire thing was in stop-motion. While that was fine for the dinosaur portion (which might've actually been just models), the prehistoric mammal portion was just awesome. It gave us a stop-motion megatherium, balucatherium, brontotherium, saber-toothed tigers, glyptodons, diatryma, and even a platybelodon. It was probably made in the 80s. Anyone know what it might be called?

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
While I was growing up, a friend of mine had a dinosaur documentary (on VHS) that we used to always watch. The reason was that the entire thing was in stop-motion. While that was fine for the dinosaur portion (which might've actually been just models), the prehistoric mammal portion was just awesome. It gave us a stop-motion megatherium, balucatherium, brontotherium, saber-toothed tigers, glyptodons, diatryma, and even a platybelodon. It was probably made in the 80s. Anyone know what it might be called?

I had the ViewMaster disc of that! I believe you refer to Mark Wolf's Age of Mammals, which was mixed and packaged as part of a variety of dino-videos in the '80s. Why look, it's on YouTube!

"Whoever said it doesn't matter if you win or lose must have been sitting in the back of the loser bus covered in human filth" - Duckman
"I've got your spine!" - Kazuma, Scryed
"I am President...Robot President!" - Robot President Ricci

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:10 pm
Mothra

Thanks for the link, fantastic!

I am disappointed that the saber-toothed cat didn't eat some cavemen at the end though, a missed opportunity for sure.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:07 am
Burning Godzilla

OK, I need to see this. I need to OWN this.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]