Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Friend Looking for an '80s Horror Movie 
Burning Godzilla

So a friend of mine posted on Facebook this morning that he's trying to find the title of a horror movie from the '80s that he saw when he was five (he's about 29-30 now). He says he can only remember two scenes: "a pair of hands come out of a faucet and grab a girl" and "the same girl being eaten by a giant slug/worm creature in a pit of hell." He says the slug/worm thing was white, but that the movie was not Lair of the White Worm (he's also rejected From Beyond). He also says that the movie just focused on "that girl and the demons that were tormenting her." I've got nothing. Any ideas?

"Every moment David Arquette isn't being eaten by a giant, mutant spider, the baby Jesus cries." - MegaLemur

"So! They laugh at my boner, will they?!" - The Joker

"AACHH! MEIN PRECIOUS JUGULAR!" - Uwe Boll

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:28 pm
Burning Godzilla

Off hand it sound like The Boogeyman or one of the nightmare sequences from a Nightmare on Elm Street sequel.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I'm tempted to suggest The Gate, because it was probably on VHS and TV at the right time and there's at least one stretchy-arm gag in the film. Also, the protagonists are a preteen boy and his older sister IIRC.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie talk about A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, the Farsi-language vampire movie set in Iran and filmed in Bakersfield, California. SPOILER: They liked it.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:20 pm
Burning Godzilla

TelstarMan wrote:
I'm tempted to suggest The Gate, because it was probably on VHS and TV at the right time and there's at least one stretchy-arm gag in the film. Also, the protagonists are a preteen boy and his older sister IIRC.

And that little boy is Stephen Dorff! Another point in The Gate's favor as a possible match is the existence of something worm-ish in the finale. The way it's lit makes it look white at first, but it appears more grayish-blue upon further inspection.

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:23 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]