Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Let's Face It -- Life Is ALWAYS Like A B Movie 
Burning Godzilla

NPR just had a poisoning expert on who said that in 2012, there were 640 attacks by killer bees. He is in Arizona and he did not say whether he refers only to his own state or to the whole country.

But either way, you know, dang.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Thu May 16, 2013 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Saw an article the other day that reminded me of this thread. "Crazy ants" originated in South America, are invading Texas, are so successful that they are driving out even fire ants, and have a bizarre instinctive drive to swarm all over electric wiring until the machinery shorts electrocuting them in the process. They're like ecological kamikazes.

Thu May 23, 2013 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Necrosorrow wrote:
"Crazy ants" originated in South America, are invading Texas, are so successful that they are driving out even fire ants, and have a bizarre instinctive drive to swarm all over electric wiring until the machinery shorts electrocuting them in the process. They're like ecological kamikazes.

Swarm Remake: "We've been fighting a losing battle against the insects for fifteen years, but I never thought I'd see the final face-off in my lifetime. And I never dreamed, that it would turn out to be the [s]bees[/s] ants. They've always been our friend."

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Thu May 23, 2013 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

I'm surprised some wing-nut hasn't decided this would be a great idea to build an electrified fence between us and Mexico. You know, for the ANTS.

"There's something genuinely depressing in the notion that 50s audiences got mad scientists who wanted to defy, dismantle and transcend the very laws of Time, Space, Life and Death, and we get mad scientists who want to make people crap in each others' mouths." - Amelia on "Human Centipede"

If I had choice of weapons with you, sir, I'd choose grammar! - Halliwell Hobbes, "Lady for a Day"

Sat May 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

:shock: This is a new one on me. I mean, I knew about fire ants (and killer bees), but not about this.

"Your 'reality,' sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -- Baron Munchausen

"I even got my dog gold plated, he wasn’t even dead, I just wanted him gold plated and I gets what I wants and I wants my dog gold plated…… GOLD PLATED DOG!!!!!!!!" -- Richie Rich

Sun May 26, 2013 7:51 am
Burning Godzilla

Dr. Andrews: Billions of dollars have been spent to make these nuclear plants safe. Fail-safe! The odds against anything going wrong are astronomical, Doctor!
Dr. Hubbard: I appreciate that, Doctor. But let me ask you. In all your fail-safe techniques, is there a provision for an attack by killer ANTS?

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Mon May 27, 2013 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Necrosorrow wrote:
Saw an article the other day that reminded me of this thread. "Crazy ants" originated in South America, are invading Texas, are so successful that they are driving out even fire ants, and have a bizarre instinctive drive to swarm all over electric wiring until the machinery shorts electrocuting them in the process. They're like ecological kamikazes.

We are no match for the 'hive mind.'

Mon May 27, 2013 6:52 pm
Burning Godzilla

And everyone's aware of the recent Jellyfish invasions, of course. They killed the power in a major city in the Phillippines by piling into the cooling tubes under an electrical station, and then they cleaned out all the livestock in an (Irish?) Salmon farm.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Have they killed researcher played by Queen Latifah yet?

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:50 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

I'm not sure. It may have been pushed off the front pages by the rescue of the Cleveland hostages.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minya

I was spending all my free time worrying about the invasion of hippie, nudist, witches and ACLU lawyers. Now this. I... I just can't.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Rest up and recoup yourself, Vapes. There's more to come.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Didn't the original version of The Incredible Shrinking Man begin kind of like this?

http://www.chud.com/nextraimages/shrink2.jpg

"Beach visitors noticed their children coming out of the lake with a silvery, almost metallic material sticking to them, which prompted the beach closure."

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/06/17/ ... ana-beach/

Next thing you know, you're dealing with situations like this.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/imager/th ... 8397.t.jpg

"Your 'reality,' sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -- Baron Munchausen

"I even got my dog gold plated, he wasn’t even dead, I just wanted him gold plated and I gets what I wants and I wants my dog gold plated…… GOLD PLATED DOG!!!!!!!!" -- Richie Rich

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:06 am
Burning Godzilla

Okay, it isn't quite like making a throne out of the skulls of your vanquished enemies, but...

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

A bestselling astronomer was the guest this morning on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me: The NPR News Quiz." As the guest was an expert on stars, they asked him all these obscure questions about Axl Rose. When asked what his final score was, Karl Castle said tactfully, "Well, he was consistent..." Yeah, he answered every question wrong.

Then one of the panel volunteered his own question, saying that he's an amateur student of astronomy and he just wondered how hard it was for the guest and his colleagues to blow up the Death Star. The astronomer didn't miss a beat, saying that all you had to do was turn the Hubble Telescope around backwards and use it to focus the sun's rays on the offending satellite, and blam.

I just thought it was funny, especially considering that he knew NOTHING about Axl Rose.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next