Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Let's Face It -- Life Is ALWAYS Like A B Movie 
Burning Godzilla

Then it will get all irritated and wipe out the human race.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Apparently Cockneys vs. Zombies wasn't fictional...

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Ira Levin's creepiest story just came true. Just saying.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Last night at the Smithee Awards, the emcee pointed out that this year is 20 years AFTER the events in Escape From New York were supposed to happen. Shocking as it seems, things are getting better out there. New York City, far from becoming a fenced prison colony, has been scrubbed almost free of crime by broken-windows policing; employment nationally is down to about 5% and there are actually zillions of skilled jobs we can't seem to fill; I even got a raise for the first time in 2 years.

What a downer for the sci-fi filmmakers!

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

So I just finished reading Amityville: House of Lies by London Knight, right? (Thumbnail review: don't even bother with this one.) And I headed over to Burger King for lunch and my bill came to $6.66. :shock:

Thu May 11, 2017 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Cliffie wrote:
So I just finished reading Amityville: House of Lies by London Knight, right? (Thumbnail review: don't even bother with this one.) And I headed over to Burger King for lunch and my bill came to $6.66. :shock:

Great...now I have to explain to my coworkers why I just laughed so loud....

Thu May 11, 2017 5:59 pm
Burning Godzilla

This:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... a40a40.jpg

Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Was this organism developed by a Nazi scientist? Can they aggregate into a single giant sea flea?

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

My co-worker/supervisor is having her home re-modeled. Part of her plan was to expand her flower garden in the back with many types of flowers indigenous to central Kentucky.

She told me this morning that she was frustrated because, yesterday, she meant to take deliver of some species of Preying Mantis that she planned to unleash in her yard. But the package, mysteriously, didn't arrive. So, you know exactly where my mind went... right?

It got better: I had envisioned a collection of live Praying Mantids in the same way that some companies will ship you Queen Bees.

Oh, no. What she bought was SEVERAL "oothaca" (the egg sacs of Praying Mantids) which contain 50-200 individual eggs!!! that are especially harvested by this "organics company."

I'm just waiting for the carnage to begin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bug 2: Praying For Mercy

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Bug 2: Praying For Mercy

Bug 2: Bedtime Preyers

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

So, right after yet another radio news report about Trump squaring off with Kim Jong Un -- the one quoting Big Orange as saying "we'll retaliate in a way nobody has ever seen before" -- they did a bit on the upcoming total eclipse and how until recently, when enlightenment came to the populace, that phenomenon was foolishly seen as a harbinger of evil tidings.

The combination of subject matter seemed unfortunate to me.

Maybe if we just drop the two of them off on a remote atoll with a pack of matches and a pointed stick each, they can work it out between the two of them. Maybe Odo Island? Maybe Goji can wade ashore and REALLY straighten out their attitudes. Because otherwise, there could really "B" a movie in this.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

This could make a fine sequel to The Satan Bug or maybe a riff on Austen Powers or Casanova Frankenstein.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

And then there's this. Can a gnarly-looking DNA software mutant invading the angry protoplasm of a skatepunk hacker and going on the rampage be far behind?

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13