Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Let's Face It -- Life Is ALWAYS Like A B Movie 
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
I haven't seen it yet, but I heard there was a new Army recruiting ad that has the proud father of a daughter entering the service talking nostalgically about his combat experience in "the war of '96," but also his dread of what "those things" might do to his little girl. Yeah, he's talking about ID4. Apparently someone at the Pentagon thinks it will bring in more scientific types into the military...

Yeah, there are a bunch of these viral-marketing type ads and specials for it which play out like in-universe news reports and interviews, with everyone acting in character. Rather silly.

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:16 am
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

Let's sit back and see if it actually works. As we know, they never make mistakes down at the Pentagon. 8)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Mystery creature found in Sibéria!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Archaeologists discover 2,000-year-old scrolls with demon-invoking magic spells

Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

"Other hypothesis about the little monster's potential origins are that it might be a wolverine, a carnivorous mammal resembling a small bear or a marten – another slender, agile mammal living in the snow forests of Siberia."

The very first thing to cross my mind when I saw the photo was, "That has to be some kind of weasel, right?"

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:

"Other hypothesis about the little monster's potential origins are that it might be a wolverine, a carnivorous mammal resembling a small bear or a marten – another slender, agile mammal living in the snow forests of Siberia."

The very first thing to cross my mind when I saw the photo was, "That has to be some kind of weasel, right?"

The skull is very, very bearlike. But the rest of it looks likes something in between a monkey and a cormorant.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

This made my whole weekend. A species of 6-foot-long walking catfish imported from Africa has gotten loose in the sewers of Cuba and is apparently eating people's chickens and puppies. Can a B-movie version of events be far behind?

SWIM FOR YOUR LIVES!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
This made my whole weekend. A species of 6-foot-long walking catfish imported from Africa has gotten loose in the sewers of Cuba and is apparently eating people's chickens and puppies. Can a B-movie version of events be far behind?

SWIM FOR YOUR LIVES!

Sending my script idea to the Asylum now: PteroSnakehead vs MegaClaria

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:39 pm
Burning Godzilla

Please let them cast Jeff Combs in the movie!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

The lungs, diaphragm and larynx have no important role in speech -- you only need the lips and tongue to be hooked up and working if you want to speak.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Sometimes you don't even need air.

If magic is involved, all you might need is a jawbone.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
The lungs, diaphragm and larynx have no important role in speech -- you only need the lips and tongue to be hooked up and working if you want to speak.

Shouldn't this be over in "Things I learned"?

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:54 pm
Burning Godzilla

Vicious and deadly flightless birds are trying to break into your house. (If you live in rural Australia.)

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

And they will name it "Jet Jaguar"...

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I can't wait until it programs itself to grow to fifty feet in height, and then broadcasts on its monitor, "F***, I FORGOT I DON'T HAVE LEGS."

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next