Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Let's Face It -- Life Is ALWAYS Like A B Movie 
Burning Godzilla

Kraken rises to the surface in Toyama Bay, Japan

This is the aquatic equivalent of seeing a leprechaun.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:23 am
Burning Godzilla

Charnelhouse wrote:

Santa Squid, Charnelhouse. You mean Santa Squid!

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Charnelhouse wrote:

Santa Squid, Charnelhouse. You mean Santa Squid!

"Shaved Monkey"? I know you meant humanoid, but I've known a lot of Politically Correct people who would take that as a racist slur, or at least pretend to so that they can feel good about denigrating someone else as being a racist and thus inferior to them.

In any event, I found this on the side from You Tube that was even more interesting than Santa Claus Squid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7A-M4yyjwc

Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Fornax wrote:
"Shaved Monkey"? I know you meant humanoid, but I've known a lot of Politically Correct people who would take that as a racist slur, or at least pretend to so that they can feel good about denigrating someone else as being a racist and thus inferior to them.

So was that a warning to be more careful in the name of political correctness while denigrating those who ARE PC? That's a unique message.

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Fornax wrote:

In any event, I found this on the side from You Tube that was even more interesting than Santa Claus Squid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7A-M4yyjwc

The last thing I am ever going to worry about is whether I'm offending people with Cliffie's Notes. Cliffie hates the whole human race, wants them killed and eaten YESTERDAY, and doesn't care who knows it.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

KO Rob wrote:
Fornax wrote:

So was that a warning to be more careful in the name of political correctness while denigrating those who ARE PC? That's a unique message.

No, just suggesting that you should be more careful to prevent the Politically Correct types from having an excuse to dump all over you and make your life a living hell. I've had that happen to myself, and its not an experience that I'd wish on anyone else. Especially not on an always interesting writer like Cliffie.

Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Amazon's new engine has a zombie clause...

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Working in a pharmacy, I get to see the allergies that people claim to have. This allergy to Xanax, claimed by one patient, reads like the start of a movie plot.

patient wrote:
Turns me into an evil witch

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:07 pm
Burning Godzilla

I'm glad people still understand their primary cultural touchstones.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Kenny

Scary but useful thing I found in my shoe-box

Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Killer bees disrupt Spring Training game

But wait! There's more!

Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Serves them right, using insecticide to kill a perfectly harmless swarm. If anyone had any brains, they would have been in full bee gear gathering their own hive. One knock in a box and the remainder of the hive goes calmly after them.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

William Girdler couldn't have put it better. And you're so right.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

A truck passed me today on the road, with RECALL written on the side in great big letters. By the time I noticed that, was too late to see whether Dr. Lull was behind the wheel...

Mon May 09, 2016 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I haven't seen it yet, but I heard there was a new Army recruiting ad that has the proud father of a daughter entering the service talking nostalgically about his combat experience in "the war of '96," but also his dread of what "those things" might do to his little girl. Yeah, he's talking about ID4. Apparently someone at the Pentagon thinks it will bring in more scientific types into the military...

Mon May 30, 2016 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next