This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
Interminable Impertinence 
Burning Godzilla

Soldier: What is the point of a "Garbage Planet" if it's in another solar system? There are planets closer to Earth that aren't habitable so why travel so far to dump garbage? And the planet they do choose actually has an atmosphere, a crappy one but still better than say Venus. In one shot we see bloody aircraft carrier amongst the mountains of trash. Hauling stuff like that across the galaxy can't be all that cheap.

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Well, it smelled really bad!!!

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Well, it smelled really bad!!!

A really juvenile joke about Uranus should go somewhere around here...

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:15 pm
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

A general piece of impertinence, aimed squarely at romcoms... the bursting through the door kissing, one person walking backwards, while both of them frantically tear their own (or the other's) clothes off. It has never happened. Ever. Stop it. Please.

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

It happens more often than the one where two people who hate each other and rip on each other constantly finally fall into bed together in a blaze of passion.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
It happens more often than the one where two people who hate each other and rip on each other constantly finally fall into bed together in a blaze of passion.

I just watched The Five-Year Enagagement, where both instances happened. And despite the inclusion of both, it wasn't horrendous in regards to romcoms.

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

KO Rob wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

I just watched The Five-Year Enagagement, where both instances happened. And despite the inclusion of both, it wasn't horrendous in regards to romcoms.

You guys know my romcom peeve, so I won't drag you through it again...

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:37 pm
Burning Godzilla

OK, I just saw Copycat for the first time in a while and this finally struck me: when Sigourney Weaver Photoshopped herself into a wedding photo with Death as the bridegroom and sent it to Peter Kurten, HOW DID SHE KNOW WHERE TO SEND IT? They made so much of the fact that he sent her that video that self-destructed so it couldn't be traced. Did she post it on her personal Web site or something? She just pressed SEND...

Last edited by Cliffie on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

How hard is it to come up with those phony visual interfaces that computer experts and hackers use films? I'm thinking of those like the one in Godzilla x Megaguirus where the anime girl in a nurse outfit becomes a girl in a jetpack who repairs (visually) the problems in the system.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Kenny

Movie Mike wrote:
Soldier: What is the point of a "Garbage Planet" if it's in another solar system? There are planets closer to Earth that aren't habitable so why travel so far to dump garbage? And the planet they do choose actually has an atmosphere, a crappy one but still better than say Venus. In one shot we see bloody aircraft carrier amongst the mountains of trash. Hauling stuff like that across the galaxy can't be all that cheap.

They never think of sendin it, on a one way ticket, to The Sun, what with the incredibly high temperatures able to vapourise any object once it comes into contact with a Star with collossal temperatures.

Maybe i'm thinking out of the box too much.......

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:58 pm
Godzilla

When Indy's in the Well of Souls, he brushes and blows some sand off an inscription to read it before setting up the Staff of Ra. Why is the inscription still covered by sand? Didn't Belloq already get there?

Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Necrosorrow wrote:
When Indy's in the Well of Souls, he brushes and blows some sand off an inscription to read it before setting up the Staff of Ra. Why is the inscription still covered by sand? Didn't Belloq already get there?

They didn't really cover the well back up did they, and they're in the desert. Pretty believable that some sand has covered the inscription again.

"You know somewhere a Hollywood exec is going, "I've got a great idea for a remake, we'll take Night of the Living Dead only instead of the the living dead it'll be zombies! Zombies are so it right now!"" - Juniper.

"Conclusion: Mort should be dead right now. Or Mort is the living dead. Or the inspiration for the Bruce Willis character in Unbreakable."-BJ

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

True. But what about when he's under the truck and the whip just magically attaches itself to the undercarriage or whatever that thing is. Is it alive?

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Necrosorrow wrote:
True. But what about when he's under the truck and the whip just magically attaches itself to the undercarriage or whatever that thing is. Is it alive?

Mad whip skills man. Mad whip skills.

"You know somewhere a Hollywood exec is going, "I've got a great idea for a remake, we'll take Night of the Living Dead only instead of the the living dead it'll be zombies! Zombies are so it right now!"" - Juniper.

"Conclusion: Mort should be dead right now. Or Mort is the living dead. Or the inspiration for the Bruce Willis character in Unbreakable."-BJ

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Why does Mechagodzilla have a roar? What's the purpose?

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:16 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 378 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next