This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Interminable Impertinence 
Burning Godzilla

Charnelhouse wrote:
In other words, they are trying to cast Sully as another Richard Jewel. Yet nothing I can find via Google search supports this characterization - every account indicates Sully and crew were feted non-stop for weeks after the event.

I'm wondering at what point there will be less people in the world who have not been played by Tom Hanks than there are those that have been.

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Movie Mike wrote:
Charnelhouse wrote:
In other words, they are trying to cast Sully as another Richard Jewel. Yet nothing I can find via Google search supports this characterization - every account indicates Sully and crew were feted non-stop for weeks after the event.

I'm wondering at what point there will be less people in the world who have not been played by Tom Hanks than there are those that have been.

He and Meryl Streep. Whichever one eventually plays me in my biopic, I hope they play me as not so much of an fuzzyduckling.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Avengers - Age of Ultron

The whole plot of the film hinges on the scene where Tony shows Banner the Jarvis AI side by side with the alien AI inside the Loki Staff. He flat out says the alien AI is the only one capable of being the Ultron AI for his Iron Legion.

Fast forward to the pre-climax, where Jarvis is installed in the android construct, and becomes the Vision. You know, the android constructed by Ultron to house his AI.

So tell me again why Jarvis couldn't be the AI for the Iron Legion in the first place?

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:36 am
Burning Godzilla

If there are penguins in the sewers under Gotham City, does that imply that the city is somewhere like, I don't know, Patagonia?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I think the sewers were connected to a zoo, or something. I definitely remember a zoo in the movie. Maybe they escaped from there?

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:26 pm
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

Evangelion wrote:
I think the sewers were connected to a zoo, or something. I definitely remember a zoo in the movie. Maybe they escaped from there?

It was the old Gotham Zoo that had gone out of business and been abandoned. The art deco Penguin exhibit, complete with an auditorium and sound/light booth for special audience exhibitions, connected to Gotham's water and sewer systems. It was the zoo's abandoned penguin population that rescued Cobblepot.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Evangelion wrote:

It was the old Gotham Zoo that had gone out of business and been abandoned. The art deco Penguin exhibit, complete with an auditorium and sound/light booth for special audience exhibitions, connected to Gotham's water and sewer systems. It was the zoo's abandoned penguin population that rescued Cobblepot.

How penguins, not equipped with such things as a opposable thumbs, got the baby out of that bassinet, let alone raised him, is the real mystery here.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Movie Mike wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
Evangelion wrote:

How penguins, not equipped with such things as a opposable thumbs, got the baby out of that bassinet, let alone raised him, is the real mystery here.

The same way that six pallbearer penguins dragged the Penguin's dead body to the murky depths.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Look, if a bunch of stray cats can turn a dead woman into a super-acrobat dominatrix, I don't see why some sewer penguins can't raise a baby into a crime-boss/mayoral candidate. These are animals living in Gotham after all.

We can only wonder why that zoo went out of business in the first place!

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:40 am
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

Evangelion wrote:
We can only wonder why that zoo went out of business in the first place!

One can only assume the penguins killed the staff.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:27 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Okay, people, help me. I could swear there was an American movie remake of the British horror, The Descent. Am I correct?

Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Okay, people, help me. I could swear there was an American movie remake of the British horror, The Descent. Am I correct?

No, but there was an American-made horror movie, The Cave, with a similar premise released around the same time. That might be confusing you.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:52 pm
Burning Godzilla

Alien 3 - Why is the creature that bursts out of the dog practically an adult in form (and how did the dog carry something that big without keeling over and dying first), and the creature that comes out of a human is a smaller, snake-like creature that you could believe would fit inside a human?

Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
Alien 3 - Why is the creature that bursts out of the dog practically an adult in form (and how did the dog carry something that big without keeling over and dying first), and the creature that comes out of a human is a smaller, snake-like creature that you could believe would fit inside a human?

I'm guessing it has something to do with how much of a clusterfrick that shoot was. The original plan for the dogburster was for it to burst out of a cow, for starters.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:37 pm
Destoroyah

I've been watching some of the original Star Trek reruns on BBC America. Granted, this is the first time I have seen these in any sort of HD format, but it seems to me that some of the special effects seem a bit more improved than when I'd first seen the episodes on regular TV, cable or broadcast. Has Paramount been tinkering with the original episodes?

Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:40 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next