Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Another Question from Another Reader 
Burning Godzilla

E-mail from a reader, seeking help identifying a movie she saw long ago:

Quote:
The movie I am looking for is about LIONS mostly, but it's during the terrible drought and the animals turn on people, it starts with a leopard coming through the sunroof of an VW bus to kill the man inside. Then a park ranger starts figuring out what is happening, gets on the radio to warn people to stay inside. But one young girl just has to go practice her tennis, her nanny and housekeeper comes out to get her and she is eaten by the LIONS. Girl makes it back into the house. Nanny HUSBAND go's into shock, is put to bed, a male lion comes down the fireplace chimney, kills the man, drags him out of the house, eats him. Kids try to do something on the roof. Almost get caught, park ranger drives up does not see LIONS, get out of car, LIONS eat him too and have gotten into the house, people get into a storage room, start looking around ,make a cool CAGE OUT of a OLD METAL bed, headboard, springs, get inside, roll out of the house down the steps into the car, while the LIONS are trying to get to them inside the CAGE. They make it... BEST SUMMARY OF THE MOVIE I CAN COME UP WITH . IT WAS IN THE 1980s and all these years later my son's still talk about this movie. I would love to find it for them, it would be such a surprise. And a great memory of our scary movie nights huddled under a blanket, with lots of screams and giggling too.

I asked her if she could remember how she saw it (as in, theater, home video, etc.), and she said it was on television. Any ideas?

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Yeah, that's Savage Harvest with Tom Skerritt. The whole thing's up on YouTube if she wants to rewatch it.

"Whoever said it doesn't matter if you win or lose must have been sitting in the back of the loser bus covered in human filth" - Duckman
"I've got your spine!" - Kazuma, Scryed
"I am President...Robot President!" - Robot President Ricci

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:27 pm
Burning Godzilla

Chimney-climbing big cats? I'm already there!

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

With a plot half Hitchcock and half killer shrews!

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]