Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Elderly Ex-Con(s) Accidentally (?) Kill Teenage Hooker ... 
Godzilla

... in a strange, sleazy residential hotel, then try to smuggle her dead body out. Wrapped up in a blanket, I think.

I think I saw this in the nearly 2000s sometime, but I guess it was made in the middle or late Nineties. It's bugging me that I can't I.D. it.

Any ideas?

"Your 'reality,' sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -- Baron Munchausen

"I even got my dog gold plated, he wasn’t even dead, I just wanted him gold plated and I gets what I wants and I wants my dog gold plated…… GOLD PLATED DOG!!!!!!!!" -- Richie Rich

Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:47 am
Burning Godzilla

How elderly are we talking here? And was it a horror movie? Was the killing accidental or planned. The first movie that popped into my head was Very Bad Things, but that was a bachelor party gone wrong where a prostitute is accidentally killed and it was meant to be a very dark comedy.

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

KO Rob wrote:
How elderly are we talking here? And was it a horror movie? Was the killing accidental or planned. The first movie that popped into my head was Very Bad Things, but that was a bachelor party gone wrong where a prostitute is accidentally killed and it was meant to be a very dark comedy.

It was definitely not Very Bad Things. I've seen that too. Here there were two of these guys, and they were at least in their early Sixties. At least one of them had just been released from prison after a pretty long stretch, and I think his ol' buddy who let him stay at his place in some kind of residential hotel was an ex-con too.

And there was some strange little gaggle of people (including the desk clerk) who lurked in the lobby. It seems like there was an old black guy who was a big Faye Wray fan, always watching her movies on TV in the lobby. But I may have that mixed up. I mean that might have come from some other movie.

Anyhow, one of the two old dudes (I think the one who'd just gotten out), had a teenage hooker up to the room, and something went wrong. I think she openly ridiculed his sexual performance, or lack thereof, and there was a fight, and he more-or-less accidentally killed her. One strange thing was that she was such an unsympathetic figure that the viewer almost felt sorrier for the old guy and his roommate than for her. And the rest of the move was them trying to get rid of the body, and everything going wrong. It wasn't exactly a horror movie, but it wasn't exactly a comedy either.

"Your 'reality,' sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -- Baron Munchausen

"I even got my dog gold plated, he wasn’t even dead, I just wanted him gold plated and I gets what I wants and I wants my dog gold plated…… GOLD PLATED DOG!!!!!!!!" -- Richie Rich

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:18 am
Burning Godzilla

Do you remember any of the actors' names? I'm having this really disturbing mental image of the guys from The Apple Dumpling Gang killing a hooker, and that image has simply got to go.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

I'm sorry, Cliffie, I really can't remember who-all was in it. I've tried and tried. :( But I believe it was some indie thing.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:20 am
Burning Godzilla

Outside of the scenario of the dead hooker, the premise sounds like Tough Guys with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas or that movie about the tough old mooks with Richard Dreyfuss, Seymour Cassell, and Burt Reynolds. None of those movies are correct, however.

But it does sound like something Cassell would be in.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:20 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Well, if Google is keeping track of the number of times I've searched for "Dead hooker" or "dead prostitute" (&c.) I could be in some real trouble. I think your movie might be Stag. It more or less fits the time frame, has a cast with some later middle-aged types in it, and the plot description is vague enough that it might be your flick.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie watch Vampyr and talk about dream logic in a silent German film about a vampyr.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]