Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Looking for some Campy movies for a Halloween get together 
Minya

I have to say that even though I'm in my mid-20s, Halloween is still my favorite Holiday of the year and I celebrate it with a little party with my friends. But in recent years I had friends come, go or become real jerks. But I still have my best friend that I knew for over a decade and we were planning on going on vacations this year but he told me that he wanted to have a little get together party early just him and me, so I'm getting into the Halloween spirit already. Plus I always love bad movies, bad campy films. So I'm looking for some real "So bad it's good" movies. I personally like latex puppet monsters myself. I like the stuff that's shown on Mystery Science Theater 3000. I'm also a Troma fan and love the splatter comedies of Peter Jackson like Meet The Feebles and Bad Taste. So I'm looking for some movies so bad that they are funny. Something like super ridiculously campy like "Santa's Slay", "Poultrygiest", etc. I really want to surprise my best friend this year. lol I've heard a few titles relating to horror and toilet humor that cracked me up. Forgot the titles of the films. Any suggestions? Also is there any B-Movie trailer DVDs or Mixtapes out there somewhere either for trade or buy on Amazon?

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:26 pm
Burning Godzilla

Killer Klowns From Outer Space is great fun and goofy as hell.

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Last edited by Movie Mike on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Minya

Own it, great movie. Loved it. :) Great idea though, I don't think I showed that one to my friend yet. I have a few in my library, even Redneck Zombies I don't think my friend has seen yet. Any other suggestions? I remember seeing a few trailers for a killer Pinocchio, a serial killer pretending to be the Easter Bunny and a few other evil Santa movies I still need to see. I liked Santa's Slay, campy yet had some really good dark humor mixed it. I've heard of Werewolves on Motorcycles from this website database of Bad Movie reviews.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:44 pm
Burning Godzilla

Some favorite bad and good awful movies of mine:

Worst/Best giant ape movie would be A*P*E.

Worst musical The Apple.

Worst shark movie Blood Surf.

Best bad shark movie Shark Attack 3.

Awesome zombie flick Cemetery Man.

Silliest killer insect movies; The Swarm and Empire of the Ants.

Loveliest Uwe Boll House of the Dead.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

The campiest movie I can think of off the top of my head is Xanadu. You might think of using it as a palate cleanser between other movies? Maybe?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:17 pm
Minya

Movie Mike wrote:
Some favorite bad and good awful movies of mine:

Worst/Best giant ape movie would be A*P*E.

Worst musical The Apple.

Best bad shark movie Shark Attack 3.

Awesome zombie flick Cemetery Man.

Silliest killer insect movies; The Swarm and Empire of the Ants.

Loveliest Uwe Boll House of the Dead.

Cool, thanks. I've got Shark Attack 3. lol That cracked me up, especially that's it's just stock footage of Great Whites with cartoony sound effects like a lion's roar, chewing sound effects and I think a few burps. I liked the scene with the guy on that water ski bike driving into the shark's mouth. lol Such cheap matting but so hilarious. lol

Do you know of any horror-holiday movies? Or horror movies based on fairy tales or children's literature, I think those ones crack me up the most. lol

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:13 pm
Burning Godzilla

LatexMonstersRULE wrote:
Do you know of any horror-holiday movies? Or horror movies based on fairy tales or children's literature, I think those ones crack me up the most. lol

Well there is the whole awful Leprechaun movie series. More notable horror-holidays there is My Bloody Valentines (1981), April Fool's Day (1986), Jack Frost (not the Michael Keaton one), Silent Night Deadly Night and of course Black Christmas...actually a list of horror movies that don't have a holiday theme would be shorter.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

LatexMonstersRULE wrote:
Do you know of any horror-holiday movies?

There's an Independence Day-themed slasher from 1996 called Uncle Sam. From your descriptions thus far of your taste in movies, you may be the one person alive to whom I can recommend that film in good conscience.

Also, I have a band.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Minya

El Santo wrote:
LatexMonstersRULE wrote:

There's an Independence Day-themed slasher from 1996 called Uncle Sam. From your descriptions thus far of your taste in movies, you may be the one person alive to whom I can recommend that film in good conscience.

Is it about an evil "Uncle Sam" is there badly made Aliens in the movie?

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:28 am
Burning Godzilla

LatexMonstersRULE wrote:
El Santo wrote:
LatexMonstersRULE wrote:

Is it about an evil "Uncle Sam" is there badly made Aliens in the movie?

It's about a psychotic soldier who gets killed by friendly fire in the first Persian Gulf War, and comes back from the dead on the Fourth of July to murder the unpatriotic after hooligans vandalize his grave. He dresses as Uncle Sam during his rampage. And Isaac Hayes has a major supporting role. It sucks almost beyond the telling of it, but from what you say about the kind of movies you like, it should be right up your alley. I've got a review on my site, if you want further details.

Also, I have a band.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Minya

WOW, and Isaac (shaft, Chef of South Park) is in it. It's got to be so bad it's good. lol Killer Uncle Sam. lol

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:54 pm
Destoroyah

Movie Mike wrote:

Unless there's a shark movie I missed, did you mean "worst crocodile/alligator movie" with this one?

Also, man, you need to see more alligator/crocodile movies if you think it's the worst. I can think of four off the top of my head that leave that one in the dust.

To LMR: Have you seen Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare? It's pretty damn terrible, but it does have one redeeming feature: mostly-immobile rubber puppet monsters in healthy abundance.

--------------------
Seriously, though, that's the only remotely good thing about it.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:41 pm
Minya

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
Movie Mike wrote:

Unless there's a shark movie I missed, did you mean "worst crocodile/alligator movie" with this one?

Also, man, you need to see more alligator/crocodile movies if you think it's the worst. I can think of four off the top of my head that leave that one in the dust.

To LMR: Have you seen Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare? It's pretty damn terrible, but it does have one redeeming feature: mostly-immobile rubber puppet monsters in healthy abundance.

--------------------
Seriously, though, that's the only remotely good thing about it.

Cool, I got to check that one out. I really like rubber monster puppets. Gremlins and Gremlins 2 are my all time favorites. I'm still trying to get and watch all the rip offs. I own and seen Hobgoblins. OOOO!, bad movie. lol I heard there was a 2nd one. I've also heard of Gingerdead man, that looked pretty funny.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:03 pm
Burning Godzilla

LatexMonstersRULE wrote:
The Rev. D.D. wrote:

Cool, I got to check that one out. I really like rubber monster puppets.

If you enjoy Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, be advised that there's also a 20-years-too-late sequel called The Intercessor: Another Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, which by all accounts is even worse than the original. I haven't seen The Intercessor, so I can't personally vouch for it, but the original Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare is indeed amazing. I'd point you to a review, but every one I know of gives away the twist ending, and the what-the-####-ness of the twist is so vast that you really should go in completely cold for best results.

Also, I have a band.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
Movie Mike wrote:

Damn, I forgot the main "threat" was a croc as the plot was about idiots surfing with sharks, but that wasn't enough for this horror flick so they threw in rape, slavers and a killer crocodile.

So it is really the worst shark movie as the sharks are treated like second bananas.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next