Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Looking for some Campy movies for a Halloween get together 
Minya

Movie Mike wrote:
The Rev. D.D. wrote:
Movie Mike wrote:
Worst shark movie Blood Surf.

Unless there's a shark movie I missed, did you mean "worst crocodile/alligator movie" with this one?

Damn, I forgot the main "threat" was a croc as the plot was about idiots surfing with sharks, but that wasn't enough for this horror flick so they threw in rape, slavers and a killer crocodile.

So it is really the worst shark movie as the sharks are treated like second bananas.

I thought Shark Attack 3 was the worst I've seen. Bunch of cartoony chewing, burping, roaring sound effects for the shark as well as bad matting chroma key shots with stock footage. lol

Shark Night 3D I went to see early this year, it's more recent. I liked the effects but the acting was terrible. Uncreative stock characters. lol

But for the record, Open Water was the worst movie to involve sharks. Not so much a so bad it's good but it's so bad it's amature writing and acting. It's just a couple that fight in the ocean for and hour and a half and they just kill time with fart jokes. lol The same stock footage of harmless nurse sharks are swimming in circles like they are in a tank. And that's the movie. lol Based on a true story my behind! They just found two scuba cruise name tags in the stomach of a Blue Shark and that's the only truth they got, the rest was pure fiction. It might have worked better as a romance novel, but there WAS NO ROMANCE! Just a full frontal nude shot of the wife reading a book naked in bed. All these camera angels, happy husband climes into bed and the wife turns to him and says "I'm not in the mood tonight." lol And of course the arguments need some F words and the old classic "I should have listened to mother about you!" Hacky Movie! Barely any sharks. Discovery's Shark Week was promoting the heck out of it too, being a shark geek as I am both the Discovery Great White specials and shark horror movies, was a disappointment. But good for bad acting and killing time without the act 1-3 story plot structure. I'd take Deep Blue Sea and Shark Night 3D anytime, and of course Jaws. lol :P

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:10 pm
Minya

El Santo wrote:
LatexMonstersRULE wrote:
The Rev. D.D. wrote:
To LMR: Have you seen Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare? It's pretty damn terrible, but it does have one redeeming feature: mostly-immobile rubber puppet monsters in healthy abundance.

Cool, I got to check that one out. I really like rubber monster puppets.

If you enjoy Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, be advised that there's also a 20-years-too-late sequel called The Intercessor: Another Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, which by all accounts is even worse than the original. I haven't seen The Intercessor, so I can't personally vouch for it, but the original Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare is indeed amazing. I'd point you to a review, but every one I know of gives away the twist ending, and the what-the-####-ness of the twist is so vast that you really should go in completely cold for best results.

I watched a clip of it on YouTube, well half of it, the final battle. I didn't watch the whole clip so I didn't spoil the ending for myself yet I don't mind spoiling endings. But I was laughing the whole time. This one is totally going on my list. lol I love the two hand puppets in the background, they look so cartoonish / Muppet like lol Pretty crazy for a b-movie. lol Just the way I like it. lol
The he-man guy with the muscles, what a bad actor. And the lighting effects simpolizing power. WOW! I got to see this thing. lol HA HA HA!

My best friend showed me some trailer for zombie strippers which we thought was pretty bad.

Anyone see that newish Tim Burtain movie, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter? How did that do. It looked so bad I couldn't believe that was mainstream. lol

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:15 pm
Burning Godzilla

LatexMonstersRULE wrote:
I watched a clip of it on YouTube, well half of it, the final battle. I didn't watch the whole clip so I didn't spoil the ending for myself yet I don't mind spoiling endings.

Ah. Well, it was the lead-up to the final battle I was talking about, anyway. Oh well.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Minya

Rock N Roll Nightmare does lot like my kind of campy movie. That's for the suggestion, I think I might get myself a copy. :) lol I remember I seen trailers to that killer Pinocchio movie, that looked pretty good. I also heard that the 2nd Gingerdead man, Passion of the crust had a bunch of puppets and they were bake goods that all had some kind of campy sexual innuendo catch phrase. lol I seen a behind the scenes video awhile back on that.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:51 pm
Destoroyah

El Santo wrote:
If you enjoy Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, be advised that there's also a 20-years-too-late sequel called The Intercessor: Another Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, which by all accounts is even worse than the original. I haven't seen The Intercessor, so I can't personally vouch for it, but the original Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare is indeed amazing. I'd point you to a review, but every one I know of gives away the twist ending, and the what-the-####-ness of the twist is so vast that you really should go in completely cold for best results.

Yes, definitely do not spoil the secret ending. I managed to avoid it for years; I stopped Ken's review over on Jabootu before it got to the twist, and was very leery of any other reviews. All I knew was the identity of the antagonist; I was luckily able to avoid any other details. I finally saw it at Ken's this year before B-Fest, and HOLY @#$% did it blow my mind. I was in near-pain trying to make sense of it. I only saved myself by ordering my brain to stop thinking about it and just let the Art wash over me. That's the key: DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT. Not even a little.
Movie Mike wrote:
Damn, I forgot the main "threat" was a croc as the plot was about idiots surfing with sharks, but that wasn't enough for this horror flick so they threw in rape, slavers and a killer crocodile.

So it is really the worst shark movie as the sharks are treated like second bananas.

Well played, sir.

I don't remember rape...oh, wait, that one couple that had sex might've been statutory rape. Was that it?

I'm not saying they're the worst, bar none, but Blue Demon was pretty terrible, and that one with Dean Cain and a Megalodon...I don't remember the name, I just remember an "underwater" scene featuring people moving slowly on a dark set with smoke and falling dust that had me laughing in utter disbelief. Yeah, that one was quite bad.

I'm also expecting very bad things from the little I've seen of Shark Week.

----------------------
Why do I keep watching Asylum movies??

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:27 pm
Minya

You mean this year's Shark Week? All I remember was they made that steel Megaladon and put barrels of beer in it's mouth and a bunch of partying beach people including the three Mythbusters were cheering like crazy. lol Plus lots of the lousy commercials trying to sell out with what little they had to tye into Shark Week like selling SUVs and crap. lol I think the worst Shark Week promotion was Open Water. I was so mad when I finally seen it and it was said to be the next Jaws in the newspaper too, what a rip. Shark Night 3D blew it out of the water, literally. lol (bad pun I know)

By the way, what is B-Fest? I never heard of it? Is it like a B-Movie film festival?

Anyone seen Hobgoblins? I've seen the original and the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version "Ugh, we're getting attacked by sniffles the stuffed animal, RUN!" lol I love that show. Then they did a lifesize cut out where Crow and Tom Servo ask him questions about the movie and asking if the spirital reason behind the movie was that he was high, drun, stupid or all the above. lol I got to get the DVD set of that. lol

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:04 am
Destoroyah

No, this is something different. Shark Week is an Asylum movie that came out not too long ago, trying to capitalize on the theatrically released Shark Night. (It's kind of the Asylum's thing.) I've only watched the first ten minutes, yet I've not gotten myself around to finishing it yet.

B-Fest is a yearly endurance test in Chicago where people try to sit through 24 hours of B-movies of varying quality without falling asleep or going insane.

--------------------
Or maybe that was just me.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 pm
Minya

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
No, this is something different. Shark Week is an Asylum movie that came out not too long ago, trying to capitalize on the theatrically released Shark Night. (It's kind of the Asylum's thing.) I've only watched the first ten minutes, yet I've not gotten myself around to finishing it yet.

B-Fest is a yearly endurance test in Chicago where people try to sit through 24 hours of B-movies of varying quality without falling asleep or going insane.

--------------------
Or maybe that was just me.

B-Fest sounds awesome lol I'd probably be laughing the whole time. lol WOW, a rip off of Shark Night already. lol That I got to see.

There was this dvd that I bought at Wal-Mart called Megalodon vs. Giant Squid, what a boring movie, nothing like it looked on the cover. There's only a handful of badly rendered CGI shark and squid shots that might have looked super impressive for a movie shot in a Playstation 1 game. lol Still, I think Open Water hits the fan for worst shark movie EVER! lol :P

Anyone seen Pinocchio's Revenge (1996), looks pretty crazy. lol Like a Chuckie rip off. lol

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:33 pm
Destoroyah

I actually have seen Pinocchio's Revenge, quite a few years ago. I recall it being pretty decent, although it's not as much like a Chucky movie as you'd think from the premise. It's worth watching, but not what you're looking for from your opening post.

I'll try to finish Shark Week and let you know if it got any better or stayed terrible.

B-Fest was pretty damn fun, if grueling.

"Megalodon vs. Giant Squid"...you mean Megashark vs. Giant Octopus? Yeah, that was not nearly as fun as I'd hoped. The sequel, Megashark vs. Crocosaurus, is quite a bit more fun, if just as stupid. They fixed the big problem of the first one and put in a lot more monster stuff.

--------------------
I'm easily pleased, I guess.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:50 pm
Minya

The Rev. D.D. wrote:

Does B-Fest still exist? Is there an official website? Where and When do they have it? Sounds like lots of fun :) I love to go there someday.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:26 am
Burning Godzilla

LatexMonstersRULE wrote:
The Rev. D.D. wrote:

Does B-Fest still exist? Is there an official website? Where and When do they have it? Sounds like lots of fun :) I love to go there someday.

As far as I know they're going to have another B-Fest. Traditionally it's held on the last Friday and Saturday in January. More information (but not the dates for this year) is available at the official site.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:00 pm
Minya

I also like Troma Movies, I find a lot of their stuff funny. I've seen Special Needs, pretty good satire but it was more targeted at reality TV show executives being at each other's throats and not so much relating to the title of the movie. I really like Poultrygiest. I've heard of Rabid Grannies, never seen it, looks funny though.

I own the Something Weird Video Sampler DVD and there was this movie about a magician who chops his head off. I forgot what it was called, I'd love to see that movie.

Anyone seen Green Slime, that film cracks me up especially the psychedelic theme song. lol The costumes where terrible. lol

Was there any bad campy horror / sci-fi movies that never made it to DVD but float around in tape trades?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Burning Godzilla

LatexMonstersRULE wrote:
Was there any bad campy horror / sci-fi movies that never made it to DVD but float around in tape trades?

Hundreds if not thousands. Every time there's a format change, some stuff doesn't get ported over, even as other stuff gets released on the new format that was never issued on the one being replaced.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2