Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Hunters become the hunted, stalked by malevolent force 
Minya

Edit: I'm updating this post to remove some of the earlier "Predator clone" language. The more I think about it, the less I'm sure. Here's what I do remember:

I'm looking for a horror movie about a group of hunters, stalked in the wilderness by a malevolent force.

I don't remember if it was an alien, or a ghost, or what. It definitely seemed to possess otherworldly powers (rather than a simple creature feature). The villain could either shape-shift, or somehow control the dead / living. This much I'm sure of, because it ties in with my clearest memory of the movie:

At the very end, one of the survivors is sitting in his house at night. He looks out the window, or back door or something, and sees his friend standing there. Problem is, his friend is dead. Meaning it's really the evil alien / ghost / wendigo / whatever. It stalked him to his house! And that's it, the big shocker ending.

Also, I think they ran some promos for the flick, in which the announcer said, "The Hunters Have Become the Hunted"

Ring any bells?

Last edited by Zeus on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:03 pm
Mothra

AVH Alien vs Hunter ?

"There coming to get you Barbara"

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:06 pm
Destoroyah

AVH came out in 2007, and although I haven't seen it the description given here doesn't match what I know of AVH.

That said, I'm unfortunately not much help because this isn't ringing a bell.

------------------
Predator clones are a subgenre I haven't really delved into.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:02 pm
Burning Godzilla

Did the alien big game hunter generally take down its human prey with biological weapons that resemble boomerang vampire starfish? If so, then the movie you're looking for is called Without Warning (or It Came Without Warning in some markets).

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minya

El Santo wrote:
Did the alien big game hunter generally take down its human prey with biological weapons that resemble boomerang vampire starfish? If so, then the movie you're looking for is called Without Warning (or It Came Without Warning in some markets).

It's not Without Warning, but that's a fantastic guess. I just saw it the other night and remembered this post. Without Warning has hunters, and a Predator-y alien (before Predator!), but unfortunately the ending is totally different. No, I'd have definitely remembered Without Warning's ending. :)

Another movie I've written off as a possibility is Demonwarp. (DEMONWARP SPOILERS AHEAD!) It's also got guys with rifles wandering through the wilderness, and aliens. It even has an ending where the hero seems to get home and is "attacked" by monsters, in a scene right out of Phantasm. But it doesn't have that scene I vividly remember so well: the guy sitting in his kitchen, thinking he's safe, when he sees his dead friend standing in the door/window, or at least what appears to be his friend.

I guess the search (for the legend of Boggy Creek) continues. :)

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]