Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Reviews of things other than movies 
Burning Godzilla

I'm in Chicago, and on the plane I watched: nothing, because Delta Airlines streaminfg entertainment system is broken. Not just in one way, either -- it has compound fractures.

Yet every other thing about the flight was as well done as could be -- the flight attendant service, for instance, was much better than average.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:09 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Dolly Parton: Plain and Simple - I am a fan of Dolly Parton, but not anywhere near the level of my wife. So when the Plain and Simple tour was announced, I made sure to score tickets for the show in Charleston, WVA. Good thing I did, too. Her other shows scheduled closer to my home are also in much smaller venues and are commanding ticket costs of not less than $250 for the back row seats. Mine in West Virginia were a mere $75.
Okay, so I got good priced seats. What about the show? There is a reason she has remained a popular fixture in music for nearly 50 years. She is a consummate pro as at ease on stage as if it were her own living room. And you always get the sense that you are an invited guest to her place. There are musicians on stage who are also excellent vocalists. You barely see them in their black outfits. Dolly is brightly colorful and adorned in sequins. Her instruments are all white and sparkle under the lights and she gives the fans everything they pay for. Jolene, Coat of Many Colors, Rocky Top, 9 to 5, Two Doors Down, Islands in the Stream, as well as cuts from her latest albums and her biggest money-maker, I Will Always Love You.
You cannot believe this bundle of energy is 70 years old.
Great show and one off the old bucket list.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
I am a fan of Dolly Parton, but not anywhere near the level of my wife...

Initial thought when I read that sentence: "Does Josh's wife lurk on the board and he wants her to make sure he states that he likes his wife more than Dolly?"

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

KO Rob wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
I am a fan of Dolly Parton, but not anywhere near the level of my wife...

Initial thought when I read that sentence: "Does Josh's wife lurk on the board and he wants her to make sure he states that he likes his wife more than Dolly?"

I need to work on my grammar, then. My wife is a huge fan of Dolly whereas I am merely a fan.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11