Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Audio Adrenaline 
Burning Godzilla

Wow. Sounds like a fantastic experience.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Sun May 24, 2015 3:19 pm
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

Last night we went out karaoke-ing for the first time in years. And SSW's singing voice was pretty rusty at first, and I didn't try to sing at all. She liked the place, at least for a long enough initial period, and is eager to go back. But her criteria for a good karaoke joint differ from mine... hers are about things like song selection, PA sound quality, and the level of other singers present. But I've decided that for myself, the number one criterion for a good karaoke venue is the absence of people who come there for alcohol rather than for singing. Because SSW's voice may be sweet and warm and lovely, but it is definitely not made to compete with yelling beer-drinkers.

One cool thing about this group is the number of fairly talented teenage and pre-teen singers it draws. Except that's not cool, because it's in a damn bar!

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I've decided that my favorite (Aurelio) Voltaire song is Headless Waltz. "Get that damn thing off my neck!"

Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Slowed-down Chipmunks records sound kind of like the end of the world.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:49 pm
Burning Godzilla

That's the most metal thing I've heard all day. And I started the day with the Butthole Surfers.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:20 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I finally gave a real listen to the song "My Humps”, and it really is every bit as awful as anyone has ever said. As bad and wrong as can be, in every way on every level. This could be the song that's remembered for generations as the one that sums up in a single statement everything that was wrong with the time from which it came. Like ”Disco Duck” or "Ice Ice Baby” for their respective decades, but far worse than either.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
I finally gave a real listen to the song "My Humps”, and it really is every bit as awful as anyone has ever said. As bad and wrong as can be, in every way on every level. This could be the song that's remembered for generations as the one that sums up in a single statement everything that was wrong with the time from which it came. Like ”Disco Duck” or "Ice Ice Baby” for their respective decades, but far worse than either.

I have never understood the appeal of The Black Eyed Peas

Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Fornax wrote:
supersonic man wrote:

I have never understood the appeal of The Black Eyed Peas

Neither have I. But my German hostdaughter loved them when she was in high school. Particularly Fergie.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Quote of the day: "Eminem has become the Yngwie Malmsteen of hip-hop: all shred with no songs."

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I've been looking back a bit at Michael Jackson's heyday. Why was he considered the King of Pop? I'm not seeing anything all that exceptional about him as a musician or songwriter or vocalist. I'm becoming convinced that his superstardom was due more to his dancing than to his singing.

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I'd argue that he had a pretty unique voice and some beyond catchy tunes. And I'm guessing the 50 million copies purchased weren't based purely on his dance moves. At the very least, he was the top selling pop artist of the period, so the moniker isn't totally without basis.

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
I've been looking back a bit at Michael Jackson's heyday. Why was he considered the King of Pop? I'm not seeing anything all that exceptional about him as a musician or songwriter or vocalist. I'm becoming convinced that his superstardom was due more to his dancing than to his singing.

I don't know. I can't recall how old I was when the Jackson 5 exploded on to the pop scene - maybe 4 or 5 - but I adored "ABC." I never did understand until middle age that the song "Ben" was the theme song to the sequel to Willard. My mother told me it was the theme to the movie about a little boy's relationship with a brown bear, Gentle Ben, but that song was also in my head. Then Rockin' Robin....that kids wasn't too far from my age, but he sang like he was ten-years-older. His was one of the deepest musical souls I ever knew. But the music business is, unfortunately, also the oasis of the insane. And sadly, he wasn't very smart and he was taught by very stupid greedy people that he never had to be.

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

You know that British song that goes "And did those feet in ancient time walk upon England's mountains green?" I've always been fascinated by it, and finally I had to go and write about it.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Gangstagrass: Barn Burning

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I listened to a few tracks (Israel; Halloween; Arabian Nights) by Siouxie and the Banshees, but decided that their sound wasn't for me.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Fri May 13, 2016 4:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next