Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Godzilla: Journey To Monster Island - information please! 
Kenny

Having trouble with yourtornado insurance claim? Is your tornado claim denied?

Renew Joplin is a joint effort between local tornado claim lawyers at Johnson, Vorhees & Martucci LLC and our national partner Doyle Raizner LLP to assist property owners affected by tornadoes.

Our tornado insurance claim lawyers are experienced in handling natural disaster insurance claims.

If you have some questions then let us help you by visiting our site and we can provide you with live online help.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:38 am
Burning Godzilla

I thought about deleting after banning, but this is just too f***ing random to be expunged.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
I thought about deleting after banning, but this is just too f***ing random to be expunged.

See if it had been Godzilla insurance it would have made more sense.

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Movie Mike wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:

See if it had been Godzilla insurance it would have made more sense.

From an old Franklin Ayji routine...
"Tell me miss Odaka, how did Hedio die?"
"Well, he was bitten in half by Godzilla"
"Oh, I'm sorry Miss Odaka. I see by your policy you're only covered for Rodan and the Giant Behemouth."

"Hello, my name is Akira Okachaba. Yesterday, I cam home to find my house in flames, and a 1.000 foot reptile walking away, saying 'burn, baby burn. But I called my Oriental Farms insurance agent! And he was jonny on the spot, with two bottle of Saki, and enough typing paper to rebuild my home."

"and Patty Duke as a whackadoodle schizophrenic man-killing were-spider from the Palisades": 3Beer man.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:42 pm
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:

Check the name of that firm again--Johnson, Voorhees, and Martucci? Methinks "tornado insurance" is a cover-up!

"Whoever said it doesn't matter if you win or lose must have been sitting in the back of the loser bus covered in human filth" - Duckman
"I've got your spine!" - Kazuma, Scryed
"I am President...Robot President!" - Robot President Ricci

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:04 am
Burning Godzilla

This is a good example of what my fourth-grade art teacher must have meant when she said, "When you make a mistake, don't tear it up! Make something good out of it!"

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sun May 27, 2012 1:07 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Post Re:
theflyingorange wrote:
Yeah... I have my issues with Cerasini's Godzilla books, but I enjoyed them. He got shafted with Lost Continent, which appears to have been completed. From an interview with Bob Eggleton on Toho Kingdom:

Eggleton: Basically, a new continent arises out of the ocean thanks to a huge earthquake. Of course, it disrupts everything. Manda and several Varans(!) come out of hibernation and Godzilla winds up there as does a submarine that is sent to explore it. That's all I ever was told. What happened was that the books came out and sold very well, and then, the '98 GODZILLA (GINO) came out and merchandising tanked badly. A lot of bookstores felt very burned (same with toy stores) and everything just plummeted. The book was due to come out, as I recall, in the Fall of 98, and then the marketing people wanted to have the book as an online thing, which if it proved popular, they'd release it as an actual book. I can tell you the cover got printed, as far as I know. However, what happened was that Toho--a company that crosses every "t" and dots every "i"--didn't want it online for some reason. It's proven that free reads of a book online result in sales. They wanted a separate deal for the online rights, and thus the appearance of the book collapsed. That's how I got it anyway. It's just business. Toho is like any company in that they have a property and especially with Japanese, they like a very specific plan. So, without the online feedback, the actual book couldn't be published.

In a perfect world, the release of the Legendary Pictures film would somehow compel Random House to finally release this book, so I could get some closure on the darn series.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Post Re:
theflyingorange wrote:
They are fun. Cerasini is very talented and knowledgeable at depicting military warfare, and so the action sequences are extremely well done. I recently reread the first three books--I still like G2000 quite a bit. At World's End, which was actually my first Cerasini book that I read way back when, holds nostalgic charm, but man I still think the ending sucks. The climax just doesn't make much sense. I need to reread the fourth one at some point. Baragon!!!

Bumping an old thread, here's an intereview with Marc Cerasini where he discusses the unpublished fifth book in his series.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Destoroyah

Hman wrote:
theflyingorange wrote:
They are fun. Cerasini is very talented and knowledgeable at depicting military warfare, and so the action sequences are extremely well done. I recently reread the first three books--I still like G2000 quite a bit. At World's End, which was actually my first Cerasini book that I read way back when, holds nostalgic charm, but man I still think the ending sucks. The climax just doesn't make much sense. I need to reread the fourth one at some point. Baragon!!!

Bumping an old thread, here's an intereview with Marc Cerasini where he discusses the unpublished fifth book in his series.

I'd always wondered what happened to that series; should've known that monkeywrenching '98 movie was to blame. The plot outline he gives for "Lost Continent" is pretty wild, but I liked that series enough I'd have bought it in a heartbeat.

---------------------------
Thanks for the link!

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:22 am
Burning Godzilla

These days, with everyone and his hamster self-publishing through Lulu, Amazon, and DIY KindleBookage, I'm surprised he doesn't just publish it his own dang self.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2