Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Gorgo #2 (Charlton Comics 1961) - Free Download 
Burning Godzilla

...if it wasn't done the world would be in serious danger--or at least humanity would be.

Well the American Godzilla had the serious danger that Matthew Broderick and Maria Pitillo could breed.

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

The Mud Puppy wrote:
...if it wasn't done the world would be in serious danger--or at least humanity would be.

Well the American Godzilla had the serious danger that Matthew Broderick and Maria Pitillo could breed.

You watch you're mouth, young duckling! Breeding Broderiks...the very idea (Harump...)

My take on the Godzilla/Kaiju universe, will be that man is his own worst enemy, and the monsters are a punishment for our cruelty towards our own kind.
And defeating the beasts will take a unified effort, dependant on letting go our collective egos.
Or, sumin' like that...

"and Patty Duke as a whackadoodle schizophrenic man-killing were-spider from the Palisades": 3Beer man.

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:20 pm
Burning Godzilla

The Mud Puppy wrote:
Which gives me yet another reason to criticize the American Godzilla film. "Hey, sure, mankind's arrogance and inconsideration created this monster, but look it's no biggie because we can put it down with 12 well-placed missiles. Problem solved! Yay!"

Well in all fairness Gojira ended with the monster dying, though at least they introduced some moral quandary about the weapon.

And the weapon wasn't something that the military had already been buying by the thousands since the mid-1980's.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Movie Mike wrote:
The Mud Puppy wrote:
Which gives me yet another reason to criticize the American Godzilla film. "Hey, sure, mankind's arrogance and inconsideration created this monster, but look it's no biggie because we can put it down with 12 well-placed missiles. Problem solved! Yay!"

Well in all fairness Gojira ended with the monster dying, though at least they introduced some moral quandary about the weapon.

And the weapon wasn't something that the military had already been buying by the thousands since the mid-1980's.

And the military didn't do more damage than the monster.

"You know somewhere a Hollywood exec is going, "I've got a great idea for a remake, we'll take Night of the Living Dead only instead of the the living dead it'll be zombies! Zombies are so it right now!"" - Juniper.

"Conclusion: Mort should be dead right now. Or Mort is the living dead. Or the inspiration for the Bruce Willis character in Unbreakable."-BJ

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
Movie Mike wrote:
The Mud Puppy wrote:

And the military didn't do more damage than the monster.

Yep...
How do you can miss a target that big?
Sure, a fast runner or flier, yeah, but it wasen't till the 80's that tank guns started getting 95% hits.
More proof that Godzilla is the tough guy. Slow swagger, lots of fire, and that look that says..."Ya think ya can take me? Well go ahead on..."

"and Patty Duke as a whackadoodle schizophrenic man-killing were-spider from the Palisades": 3Beer man.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:46 pm
Minya

KeithAllison wrote:
The moral I take away from all giant monster, regardless of where they were made or set, is "Don't mess with Texas."

That reminds me, someone needs to make a giant monster movie set in Texas. (The Giant Gila Monster doesn't count.)

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:43 pm
Burning Godzilla

Pacman000 wrote:
KeithAllison wrote:
The moral I take away from all giant monster, regardless of where they were made or set, is "Don't mess with Texas."

That reminds me, someone needs to make a giant monster movie set in Texas. (The Giant Gila Monster doesn't count.)

Man, you can tell I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid - about 40 years ago. Where is the setting for Valley of the Gwanji? I always assumed it was Texas. But perhaps it was Nevada, New Mexico, or Arizona?

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Wikipedia says it takes place in Mexico and was filmed in Spain.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:45 pm
Minya

Thanks! I still need to see The Valley of Gwanji.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:16 pm
Burning Godzilla

Pacman000 wrote:

There's also an earlier movie derived from the same screen treatment, called The Beast of Hollow Mountain. I've never seen it, but by most accounts, it isn't very good.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

El Santo wrote:
Pacman000 wrote:

There's also an earlier movie derived from the same screen treatment, called The Beast of Hollow Mountain. I've never seen it, but by most accounts, it isn't very good.

Yep...TBOHM is pretty much of a dog...

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2