Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
TheGreatWhiteDope's Last Trading Thread...Ever! 
Destoroyah

Guys:

Many of you know me and have helped me in the past when times were pretty tight for me. Well, now it's my turn:

There comes a time in a man's life when he has to purge the things in his house so he can have room for the things that matter. And so that time has come for me. That I have to clear out some room, I mean; the wife's getting crabby about all my junk laying around.

Here's the deal - let's trade. I have a lot (and I do mean A LOT) of stuff I'm posting here (not on ebay or some trading site that asks an arm and a leg and for all your personal stuff just to join) for your consideration. There's a few things at the end of the listing that I'm asking for. Other than that, I'm sure we can work something out. Make an offer - whaddya got to lose by asking?

And as many of you know; I'm just horrible about getting things sent out quickly or in a fashionably stringent timeline, but I DO get them to you. Just ask anyone on the board. Other than that, don't say I didn't warn you ahead of time.

And now that that's over with, let's get to the Dope's List!

---

VHS Tapes

The Beast Within (no cardboard case, but still works great)
The Blob (1958)
Casablanca
Day of the Animals
Die Hard 2: Die Harder (widescreen)
Die Hard with a Vengeance (widescreen)
The Flash (1990 - TV movie/pilot for series)
Godzilla Vs. King Ghidora
Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero
Godzilla Vs. Mothra
Halloween(widescreen)
Halloween II
Icebreaker
Jaws 3
King Kong Vs. Godzilla
*Lion Man
Magic
Making Michael Jackson's "Thriller"
Mel Brooks' History of the World: Part I
* Night of Horror (still sealed in box!!)
Prince of Darkness
*Rad
The Ren & Stimpy Show: The Classics (Volume 1)
Slugs
Star Wars Trilogy boxset (ANH, TESB, ROTJ) (original versions, fullscreen)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2

* = OOP tape

---

DVD-Rs

(A word about these - they play in all the DVD players I have in my house (all 3 of them) but some of these have come from trades that I've made in the past for "pigs-in-a-poke" as it were: discs in grab bags that had other things that I really wanted but had to take these as part of the deal - and some others were extra copies from VHS tapes that I had and don't need the extra copies anymore. Others still are just extra copies. They play just fine and are only looking for a good home - just don't expect the fancy packaging, 'kay?)

3 Dev Adam
A*P*E
Bad Taste
Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death
Song of the South (with Japanese subtitles on the singing parts)
Turist Omer Uzay Yolunda

---

BOOKS

(Because everyone likes reading and I know this is the right board for reading material - and they're all in hardback. You're welcome.)

2010: Odyssey Two (Arthur C. Clarke)
Airport (Arthur Hailey)
The Black Marble (Joseph Wambaugh)
The Boys from Brazil (Ira Levin)
Burnt Offerings (Robert Marasco)
Coldheart Canyon: A Hollywood Ghost Story (Clive Barker)
The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla (Stephen King)
The Dark Tower VII The Dark Tower (Stephen King)
The Eiger Sanction (Trevanian)
Endless Love (Scott Spencer)
The Glitter Dome (Joseph Wambaugh)
The Holcroft Covenant (Robert Ludlum)
The Odessa File (Frederick Forsyth)
Prince of the City (Robert Daley)
The Robe (Lloyd C. Douglas)
The Seven Per-Cent Solution (Nicholas Meyer)
Skeleton Crew (Stephen King)
---

...and what do I want from all this? Just trades, a couple of bucks maybe if you have nothing to trade; I'm not picky and it's all good to me. Of course, the odds will certainly tip in your favor should you have any of the following:

---

DVDS

The Dragon Lives Again
Humanoid Woman
Superbeast
Time of the Apes

---

BOOKS

Son of the Golden Turkey Awards (Harry and Michael Medved)
Your Movie Sucks (Roger Ebert)

---

And now, with an empty head and an open mind, I say unto you in the words of my uncle...ALLEZ CUISINE!

Edited By TheGreatWhiteDope on 1246750727

Last edited by TheGreatWhiteDope on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:25 am
Burning Godzilla

sigh...this post has been niggling at my brain for a while. Especially since I'm probably about as poor as you Dope. But I do have a vhs of "The Nasty Rabbit" that recently landed in my lap unasked for. It is dubbed, and of possibly dubious quality, as I haven't watched it yet. Maybe I could watch it once then make it available.

But it bugs me because a couple of your vhs's and all the dvd-r's are appealing to me... le sigh.

Troma is, in this regard, like Alexandro Jodorowsky, only with even less restraint and absolutely no pretensions of artistic integrity...--Peregrin, hitting the nail on the head.

This space for rent

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]