Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Rules for this forum updated! June 21 2005 - Please review them. 
Lawgiver

If you haven't checked out the rules of the Reader Reviews forum in a while, I suggest you do so. They have been updated. You'll find them on the main Reader Reviews index at the top of the screen.

The main differences are these:

Minimum review length has been increased to 300 words to prevent "hit and run" topic-starter reviews that should be in the Coffeehouse.

Plagiarism has been explicitly spelled out as a pip-worthy offense. It wasn't there before because, well, we've never had to deal with it before.

Thanks for your attention.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Sorry. My last one was too short. I prefer shorter notes than giving spoilers. I probably won't be writing many more then.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:51 pm
Burning Godzilla

"You, contact the ship! You, rock and roll! I'll go fight some villains and make their blood come out with this!"
-- Phoenix, addressing me and Izzy, dressed in his Iron Man costume wielding an Egyptian dagger bought on Halloween clearance

"1.) Step-Dad stole mummies from the KKK."
-- The first in a list of reasons why HKC's life is crazy

"Bukkake ahoy!"
-- Marlowe

I have some movies.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Destoroyah

Somone has twice now, so far as we can tell, taken reviews from other sites, cut-and-pasted them here, and then posted them as his own, with a few light touch-ups. The victims were Nate Shumate, of Cold Fusion Video, and El Santo. As for the perpetrator--well, I've linked you to the reviews that were ripped off, so I think you can guess by looking at threads that have been closed down around here, lately.

All I can say is that I hope he's damn sorry, and now let's all just get this ugliness behind us.

"Eternal existence is not promised to books any more than to men."--Marcel Proust

"Eins andern knecht soll niemand seyn, der fur sich bleyben kann alleyn."--Paracelsus

Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:19 pm
Godzilla

Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:26 pm
Lawgiver

Sorry. My last one was too short. I prefer shorter notes than giving spoilers. I probably won't be writing many more then.

Feel free to write short ones, just post them in the Coffeehouse instead of the Reader Reviews forum.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

How Bizarre!

What I find most bizarre about it is the "I'm standing right here!" factor. Granted, a lot of us read Cold Fusion Video fairly routinely, but that might not be obvious to a relative newcomer, and it's been years since Nathan himself has put in an appearance on the BMMB; I can kind of see how our little copycat might have thought he'd get away with that one. I, on the other hand, am a pretty regular presence around here. What-- did he think I wasn't going to recognize my own writing?

Edited By El Santo on 1119405974

Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

To the mods:I'm only chiming in because I was in the exact same situation. You guys have my sympathy. Calling foul in my case is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever done.

UU

Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:27 am
Profile YIM
Destoroyah

What I find most bizarre about it is the "I'm standing right here!" factor. Granted, a lot of us read Cold Fusion Video fairly routinely, but that might not be obvious to a relative newcomer, and it's been years since Nathan himself has put in an appearance on the BMMB; I can kind of see how our little copycat might have thought he'd get away with that one. I, on the other hand, am a pretty regular presence around here. What-- did he think I wasn't going to recognize my own writing?

Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Honestly, I see plagerism as more than pip-worthy, but at least it's that now.

Forgotten Exploitation Films from the Archives - Big Monster Ruckus

Franz's World - New Year Resolutions

Connect the threads in B-Movies at Web of the Big Damn Spider

Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:51 am
Site Admin

As do I, but you hafta understand, this is coming out of nowhere- it's difficult to proceed without knowing if you overreacting or underreacting.

Cid- Heh.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

"I'm standing right here!"

YAAAAA! Don't do that--I have a weak heart!

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie watch Vampyr and talk about dream logic in a silent German film about a vampyr.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:54 pm
Godzilla

Osco Sean wrote:

As do I, but you hafta understand, this is coming out of nowhere- it's difficult to proceed without knowing if you overreacting or underreacting.

Cid- Heh.

Would surgical sterilization be overreacting? :twisted:

Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:36 pm
Destoroyah

My thoughts:

cid, you rascal! :D

no offense to santo, but this whole situation strikes me as hilarious. i mean, really, what the hell was that guy thinking? he's standing right there! jesus...

Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next